John Gleason chairs the firm’s Healthcare and Employment Practice Areas. His practice includes the representation of physicians and other health care providers in the organization and operation of their practices, the development of employment and recruitment agreements with practices and hospitals, the regulatory issues arising from the expansion of practices and their affiliations with other entities, and licensing issues affecting individual health care providers. His practice also includes counseling businesses on employment matters, addressing issues ranging from the impact of federal and state employment discrimination laws on operational decisions to compliance with wage and hour laws. He appears before Maine agencies on employment matters involving Maine businesses and licensing matters involving Maine physicians. He also serves as local counsel on employment actions in federal and state court.
Prior to joining the firm, John served as a clerk with United States District Court Judge Edward T. Gignoux.
John is recognized as a 2021 “Lawyer of the Year” in the practice area of Health Care Law in Portland, ME and was recently selected by his peers for inclusion in the Best Lawyers in America in the field of Health Care Law.
- General Business, Corporate and Finance
- J.D.,—University of Pennsylvania
- B.A., Political Science and Economics—University of Wisconsin
Bar Admissions and Memberships
- United States District Court for the District of Maine
- Maine State Bar Association, Healthcare and Labor and Employment Sections
- American Bar Association, Healthcare and Labor and Employment Sections
- American Health Lawyers Association
- AV rated in Martindale Hubbell
- Best Lawyers in America® in Healthcare
- New England Super Lawyers®