John Gleason chairs the firm’s Healthcare and Employment Practice Areas. His practice includes the representation of physicians and other health care providers in the organization and operation of their practices, the development of employment and recruitment agreements with practices and hospitals, and the regulatory issues arising from the expansion of practices and their affiliations with other entities. His practice also includes counseling businesses on employment matters, addressing issues ranging from the impact of federal and state discrimination laws on operational decisions to compliance with wage and hour laws. He appears before Maine agencies on employment matters involving Maine businesses and licensing matters involving Maine physicians. He also serves as local counsel on employment actions in federal and state court.
Prior to joining the firm, John served as a clerk with United States District Court Judge Edward T. Gignoux.
John currently sits on the Board of Freeport Community Services having served as past President.
John was named the Best Lawyers® 2016 Health Care Law “Lawyer of the Year” in Portland, ME and was recently selected by his peers for inclusion in the Best Lawyers in America 2017 in the field of Health Care Law.
- General Business, Corporate and Finance
- J.D.,—University of Pennsylvania—1985
- B.A., Political Science and Economics—University of Wisconsin
Bar Admissions and Memberships
- United States District Court for the District of Maine
- Maine State Bar Association, Healthcare and Labor and Employment Sections
- American Bar Association, Healthcare and Labor and Employment Sections
- American Health Lawyers Association
- AV rated in Martindale Hubbell
- Best Lawyers in America® in Healthcare
- New England Super Lawyers®