Emily is an experienced litigator focused on business disputes and employment matters. She has represented businesses, municipalities, and individuals in a wide variety of disputes before state and federal courts and government agencies. Her litigation practice concentrates on commercial contract disputes, business torts, restrictive covenant enforcement, employment discrimination claims, and wage and hour matters.
In addition to her litigation practice, Emily counsels employers on a variety of employment issues. She partners with clients to help minimize legal risk through sound, feasible employment practices, and offers practical advice on challenging personnel matters before litigation arises.
A native of mid-coast Maine, Emily earned her undergraduate degree from Bates College and her law degree from Boston College Law School. Prior to returning home to Maine and joining Curtis Thaxter, Emily was a litigator in Boston for nearly a decade.
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Litigation and Administrative Law
- J.D.—Boston College
- B.A., Political Science—Bates College
Bar Admissions and Memberships
- United States District Court for the District of Maine
- United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- United States Court of Appeals, First Circuit
- Maine State Bar Association
- Cumberland Bar Association
- American Bar Association
Massachusetts Super Lawyers®, “Rising Star” (2019, 2020)