Chris Chandler advises businesses and financial institutions in the areas of employment, financial, contracts, bankruptcy and intellectual property. Chris is also a member of the firm’s litigation practice group, acting as lead counsel in business related cases in both federal and state court. In addition, Chris manages the firm’s business incubation project, which offers legal services to start-up enterprises for a reduced fee.
Before joining the firm, Chris served as a law clerk of United States Magistrate Judge David M. Cohen in Portland, Maine. From 1994 through 1996 Chris served as legal counsel to the Maine State Democratic Party. Chris lectures on topics relative to corporate formation, financing and intellectual property.
Chris is a member of the Camp Susan Curtis Board of Trustees, and is the President of Portland Nordic.
- General Business, Corporate and Finance
- Litigation and Administrative Law
- Real Estate
- Trademark and Copyright
- J.D., cum laude—University of Maine School of Law—1989
- Editor—Maine Law Review
- B.A., history—Kenyon College—1983
Bar Admissions and Memberships
- United States District Court for the District of Maine
- First Circuit Court of Appeals
- Maine State Bar Association